STT Challenge Update:

Ok I don't have a graph to show you as I don't have the correct version of office on my home laptop. Anyway, I jizzed off about half the BR in one session. I went 11 straight games without an ITM finish. Not going into bad beats but I had it in with the best of it at least 8 times...I proceeded to win most of it back playing cash, but then lost it after going on tilt after another bad STT run. Maybe I shouldn't be playing such a high variance brand of poker when I'm still so prone to tilt....

Speaking of tilt....it's an odd thing. I rarely tilt playing live...well I do a bit, but only usually for brief periods and it's not half as destructive as it has been for me online. I also suffer from positive tilt where I go chasing a big win after just having one...again only online. I realise I'm doing it and I recognise it as probably the weakest aspect of my game, along with bank roll management....although I believe these two issues are not mutually exclusive.

At least I've found my next topic of reading to improve my game...any article or book suggestions welcome.....

I've withdrawn the bit of money I have left for now as I'm giving online a rest for a bit (which usually helps with the results)....when I like poker again I'll probably stick some time in on the live Sats and might play some of the ECOOP events on iPoker. Just don't have the spare time to commit to a big BR building session at the moment...I should have realised this before spunking off a fair wedge of profit.

Probably get some live in this week sometime....Saturday hopefully.

1 comments:

Kevin Stevens said...

I've been there mate, I always thought Tilt's the killer but its more the desire to not slip back that makes me play above my BR. Got to learn to accept its sometimes three steps forward four stepps back. I would recommend, Barry Greensteins Ace on the river. Its all about how to manage aspects of the game, its on Itunes music store (or bit torrent if piratings your thing). There's a couple of great stories from Chip Reese about the lessons he learned about control and bankroll management, I'll see if I can dig them up. Head up and trust your game to get you back level and not the gamble.